Monday, August 8, 2016

Jesse James Beads Free Beads Program Part 2

Each month I am surprised with two gorgeous strands of Jesse James Beads  www.jessejamesbeads.com . I am honored to be a participating jewelry designer in this program.  I never know what's going to arrive, though they do allow you to tell them your favorite colors , I have requested to be surprised each time.

I love challenges!! Most of you reading this who know me would probably giggle thinking that this isn't much of a challenge for me. I started out a bead stringer and have grown into any mediums my favorite being wire and metal work. However this was actually quite a challenge for me. You see since I picked up wore a few years ago, I haven't strung beads since. I actually forgot how much I enjoy the design process and the final look of a strung bead necklace.

I wanted this necklace to be one that could be worn over head so that it didn't need a clasp. She is rather long measuring in at 36 ish inches. I'm also at an age where chain,  metal, and beads aren't always comfortable on my neck. Hence the recycled Sari Silk. I love the lightness of it and how it feels when it's worn.

Jesse James Beads has an entire mermaid collection that is exclusive to their online site only, and living in Philadelphia I'm close to the Jersey Shores, but don't get there too much these days, so I was inspired to create this design with the memories of walking on the beach and collecting seashells.

Jesse James Beads are gorgeous, and elegant. They are classy and perfect for all ages and occassions. They are easily addicting to jewelry designers.

I also wanted to add a different element to this design which are the crystal beaded loops , I created three loops also using beading string (Beadalon 7 strand in Satin Copper) in various sparkly and matte colors to give it some added elegance and texture. The focal is absolutely amazing, the bead is made from crushed shells!!! I added a bronze bead cap and a length of cupchain for added mermaid sparkly awesomeness! !!

There will be earrings and a bracelet as well!!!

The strands used in this design are
Inspiration Mix in Pacifico
Pacifico strand #2

In addition I added 2 artisan made lamp work beads seen in the strand mix, and gold matte bicone beads used on one side of the sari silk.

I hope you have enjoyed this Jesse James Free Bead Program Design...
Can't wait to see what they send me next :)

1 comment: