Thursday, April 23, 2015

Bead Peep Swap and Hop 2015

So I have alot to catch you up on as I was unable to get on my blog for quite sometime.

I decided to take part in the Bead Peeps Swap and Hop. I was partnered with an amazing artist named Kari Asbury of Hippie Chick Jewelry & Design.

Kari and I spoke quite a few times :)  , and I have gotten to know her and know her style of jewelry some what, because she works with alot of mediums and bold bright colors, it was definitely a challenge for me to come up with something new for her to design with. You can see what I sent her  and read her side of the story by visiting  her blog

http://www.hippiechickjewelrydesign.com

However I can say I was totally shocked, excited, and a little scared of the beautiful pieces  she sent me as I haven't ever worked with polymer clay, waxed linen cord, irish wax cords, sari silk, wooly wire, wood pendants and charms, she sent gorgeous lampwork and ceramic beads as well in a bright cheerful color pallette (pictured below).

I can definitely say it's been challenging for me to use these different textures of materials and colors but It has pushed me as well and for that I am truly thankful.  I am grateful for having the opportunity to be partnered with Kari !!!

So stay tuned for the big reveal coming up on May 2,2015 as all the bead Peep Swap and Hop pieces will be up on each participants blog. Please visit bead peeps group on Facebook for more information and to find out who else is participating! !!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Betony! Sorry to hear your blog has been misbehavin', hopefully it's all fixed now. You are on my feeds so I should catch your reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! glad things are fixed now. I know you were really struggling with all this, especially with the hop coming. You are a fantastic partner and it has been truly a pleasure getting to know you and your gorgeous work! I can't wait to see what you've created. and you did an awesome job on your selections for me...I'm inspired and have really enjoyed creating. :)

    ReplyDelete