Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Why I do what I do!!!

HI all!! So welcome to my first ever BLOG!! Its something ive been pondering doing for awhile.

Let me start by telling you a little bit about myself. My real name is Betony (sounds like betknee)!! I am currently in my mid 30s :) I have been making jewelry steady for the last 6 years and now that all my wittle chickens are in school I pursue this full time to help support my family. I have a list of medical issues that result in my not being able to work a regular job. I was an ophthalmic technician for 8 years it was a demanding job but I loved working with people it opened my eyes to a whole different world . I still very much enjoy working with people Im a social butterfly though I dont get out much these days but I am a mom to three amazing kiddies and a wife to a hard working hubby. I have two furkids a kitty named Samhain aka Sammie she thinks she is Cleopatra, I also have a black labrador retriever named Winston who is my shadow. We live in the very busy city of brotherly love.

I always loved jewelry and watching people handcraft jewelry. I like the odd and the unique the loud and boisterous it fits my personality. I always played around with wire and beads but could never figure out how to put it all together and well youtube wasnt around back then haha. However 6 years later I am still learning new techniques and trying new things but now i know how to put those pieces together!!!

The biggest question I run into is" What inspires me?"  Well to answer that would take awhile however life inspires me, people inspire me, emotions inspire me, nature inspires me, there isnt one thing in a whole that i get inspiration from it is all of these things. From the very simplest to the very dark and dreary.

Why am I creating a blog? The jewelry world is so big and always overflowing we all start at different levels this blog is being created because often times I see people get discouraged and Im here to say HEY YOU ITS OKAY!!! we all have been discouraged, but guess what!!! there is an entire community of people in the jewelry world that are here to help just holler we are here. There is so much useful information and videos however that can be overwhelming and not always self explanatory so HERE I AM!!! There is sooooo much advice to be put out there however I'll start with this because I feel that its the most important ready???

THERE IS NOT RIGHT OR WRONG IN THE ART OF CREATING JEWELRY

whew there that's it the most important thing you need to know. Also its okay to mess up its okay to be different its okay to ask questions its okay to feel frustrated cause we have all been there even the most talented artists out there will tell you that when they started they too felt the same way.


Another Question I got recently was why is my blog is called the BEADWENCH??  Haha well truth is I am a part of an amazing group of moderators on a budget lampwork group on facebook, there are 8 of us and out of those eight 6 of them are lampies (artisan made glass lampwork bead makers) as well as undercover jewelry artists and one of us is a collector and then there is me just the jewelry artist. I admit that I have a teensy weensy small little bead addiction from czech beads to artisan made lampwork trust me I was dubbed a worse name than beadwench and well beadwench stuck plus it rocks and its memorable!!! Right?? Right??

Besides you can grab your cuppa and sit in your jammies and I can still make you giggle and well if you have smiled or rolled your eyes or even laughed out loud then my daily giggle for the day is accomplished.

Here at The Beadwenchs Blog there is no judgement there is no silly question to be asked just ask.

I have so many wonderful ideas in store for this blog so I hope you'll come back daily.




6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogoverse. I look forward to reading more about inspiration and hope to see photos of your designs, your fur kids, and whatever else you share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betony! Love to hear about the things you come up with, I love your style. Please post lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!! Im still learning how to use a blog haha its def a learning experience but more posts and pictures are coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betony, Great first post. Looking forward to your next post and some pictures of your work. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all are awesome. Thank you for all the kind words. I hope the subscribe option is working this blogging is definitely a learning experience lol
    For those of you who inquired i just published my second blog that features some of my designs please feel free to check it out and again thank you all

    ReplyDelete